Re: Browser Hijack Blaster v1.0

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by biga, Oct 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biga

biga Registered Member

Hi All,

I have BHO Cop installed. Will having Browser Hijack Blaster and BHO Cop both installed cause a problem? Should I leave the BHO option in Browser Hijack Blaster unchecked?

TIA

Ms. A

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

There should be no problems running both of those programs.

Regards,

-Javacool

3. Phazor

Phazor Registered Member

Um, is this progam like Bhodemon/Bhocop, or is it doing something totally different?
    Im running bhodemon, which i think is no longer being developed, so if Bhb is like these programs i would assume that i dont need to run bhodemon anymore and just switch to BHB or would i need to keep bhodemon also??

4. javacool

BH Blaster detects as soon as a new BHO is added, or various IE settings are changed.

It does not, however, give a full length report on each BHO in your system, and allow you to selectively disable them (which I believe is something BHO demon allows you to do). I would keep both on your system. :)

Regards,

-Javacool

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Javacool.Nice little program!I'm running it now.No errors yet.I'll test it out and report back.I understand that you might add"startup" program feature(Mike's suggestion)?That would be a cool addition.You really come up with some terrific programs!!!! Thank You!

6. Phazor

Phazor Registered Member

Is this in the works for BHB or no?

7. biga

biga Registered Member

Tks for your reply Javacool. Tks also for your kewel little programs ;)

8. Grummy

Grummy Registered Member

I moved the .exe file to My Start Up directory and now I'm having seconds thoughts.
    Maybe it's protection is enabled even if it doesn't load w WINDOWS AT BOOT. ?? I'm a little confused on that point. Seems as though my process id program found two new processes after the install one called pstore.exe which seems always present now whether the programs starts or not, and if the program is loaded one called Browser Hijack Blaster which only shows up if the Icon is present down by the clock. Wish someone could comment whether my idea of the Start Up thingy makes any sence or not. Maybe protection is on regardless ? The process Windows/System/pstore.exe seems to run regardless . A little confusing and now with the Start Up tweek the program loads at every boot and I'm stuck with another icon down by the clock. (??). If I exit the program the icon leaves, but is the protection still on? The Question then is --if installed as the default directory Programs, is it running each and every time your boot up and does the existance of it's Icon down by the clock have really nothing to do as to if you are protected or not ? Will the pop up warnings still work regardless ? o_O

9. javacool

If you have exited the program, the protection will not be active.

HOWEVER (and I believe this was the point that was confusing you) if one of the covered settings is alerted or (in the case of BHOs) added to, you will be alerted the next time you run BH-Blaster - it remembers what the values were the last time you ran it.

As far as setting it to boot at start-up - you must create a shortcut in your StartUp folder (in your Start Menu) manually. Moving the exe itself may cause issues (you should keep it in the directory you installed it to, as it depends on the other ini files that it installs being in the same directory as the exe). My recommendation would be to move the exe back to where you originally installed BH-Blaster, and then create a shortcut, and place THAT in your startup folder.

Regards,

-Javacool

10. Grummy

Grummy Registered Member

Thank you for the responce. I have adjusted my tweek per your instructions and I appreciate your help very much. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.