Re:Acronis FAQ's ECDC Ver5.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tlund_99, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlund_99

tlund_99 Registered Member

I purchased Acronis TrueImage 7.0 Build 613 on June 17,04.It installs fine but when I get to the Proceed button to do a full backup of my C: drive it says drive is in use and cannot be backed up.Acronis FAQ's says this is due to having Easy CD Creator 5.0 Platinum installed.I haven't had ECDC 5.0 installed in over a year.I have Roxio ECDC Ver. 6.0 installed.I have looked for any trace of ECDC or Take Two(the backup part of ECDC 5.0 which causes the problem)on my computer and deleted them from the registry but the backup will still not start.I now have a $50 program that will not work and have not been able to get any help from Acronis.
    I am running Win XP Home

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Re: Acronis FAQ's ECDC Ver5.0

Hi, tlund_99

Welcome to Wilders Security Forums and Acronis True Image Forum.

Could you try turning the service >IMAPI CD-burning COM Service>disabled. [off]

Should not be needed as you are useing secondary burning software.

And see if it helps, just a guess it might help.

Take care,
    TheQuest :cool:

PS: also turn off CD>properties>recording>enable CD recording on this drive.[if still enabled]

Last edited: Jun 23, 2004
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Please can you also check, if your disk is free from errors (runnning Checkdisk utility) and also try to disable any anti-virus or/and firewall and see if it helps.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

4. tlund_99

tlund_99 Registered Member

I forgot to mention,as a test ,I tried to backup to a partition on my main HD,drive F: and got the same error.I ran chkdsk and found no errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.