RD 1.200 conflict with Webroot Window Washer!

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Atomas31, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I have windows XP with SP2 and all the latest updates ;-)

I have a problem of conflict between RD 1.200 and Window Washer 6.0 build 6.0.1.408? When I double click on my WW icon, nothing happen and my system just lock down? Wich mean I have to make a manual hard reboot. Does somebody know why? Or at least have the same problem?

I've got to admit that I have also upgrade the RegRun group in RegDefend with the latest upgrade of this group made by Puff (thanks Puff :).

Atomas31

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi Atomas31,

I tried executing Window Washer from my usual shortcut and it also froze my system. After many hard reboots, I traced it to this key in the latest RegRun group:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop*

You can run Window Washer by removing or disabling protection for that key in the RegRun group. A better solution is giving wwdisp.exe all "Automatically Allow" override permissions within the RegRun group.

At one point, by accident, I found that if I exited the RD GUI, Window Washer would start successfully. When I exited Window Washer and restarted RD, I saw the alerts below in the Log window.

Nick

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  3. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Hmmm,

I haven't experienced this issue with my XP-SP2 HE, WW 6.0.1.408 and the RegRun file. Perhaps it is because I am using ClearType with a Flat Panel display.

4. Atomas31

Thank's Nick, I will try what you suggest later.

Hi Siliconman01, the Regrun file have been updated by Puff a few days ago, did you change it? Maybe it is only with the new Regrun file?

Atomas31

5. siliconman01

Yep, I updated it yesterday 16-Apr-05

6. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi siliconman01,

I reloaded the previous RegRun group and did not experience the freeze. My test system was a XP Pro SP2 laptop with font smoothing (Clear Type) enabled and running the latest Window Washer.

Nick

7. siliconman01

I'm using the latest RegRun.ghst. It is 20480 bytes (size on disk). Must be a user selected option in WW that is different than yours o_O

8. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I will look through my Window Washer settings for anything obvious. Thanks.

Nick

9. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi,

do you frequently log on or out of your accounts on your system? By frequently I mean, when you experience this error have you logged in and out at least once on that boot?

10. Atomas31

Hi Jason,

I only have one account on my system and no, I don't frequently log on or out.

But, I have give wwdisp.exe every right on the Regrun group on Regdefend (Thanks' Nick!) and now, every thing seem right :)

I have to see that given every allow for wwdisp.exe on Regrun group was very difficult cause for some reason Regdefend was kind of logging my system after every allow of modify file I give to wwdisp.exe. In fact, I have to use a lot of patience and make a hard manually reboot to make my system work correctly...

Atomas31

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.