Raxco IR Error Upon Finishing Copying A Snapshot

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by twl845, Aug 11, 2015.

1. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I thought I'd pass along the following after an experience doing a copy/update from Primary to Secondary snapshot. The copy finished, and was finalizing when a small window appeared saying "There were errors during this operation. Please view the activity log for details." The copy had failed and upon trying to boot from the secondary snapshot it wouldn't boot. The short story is, after contacting Raxco Support and getting some great help from Susy, it seems even though I'm using WIN7 a WIN10 file was dropped on my system. I had passed up the "Get WIN10" offer from the icon on my system tray, so I guess Microsoft just wanted me to have the file. Susy instructed me the following:
    In IR, go to tools, options, then to the tasks tab. Add $Windows.-BT to the excluded files list. Once this is done then try doing the copy/update again. That fixed the error and I'm back in business. I relate this to you because Susie told me they had a few similar calls from other people, so I hope I am helping someone.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hats off to Raxco, and thanks again for the unwanted Microsoft

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Huge Kudos to Raxco and great support staff they have. :thumb:

Thanks for sharing that issue.

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Raxco Support is the best. Glad the info was helpful.:)

5. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I got a call today from an official at Raxco asking me if I was happy with IR and if my problem was fixed. He then spent about 10 minutes discussing his experiences where Raxco saved his bacon. He said they occasionally follow up with customers, and I was chosen. When was the last time you can remember getting a call like that? I can't. Raxco people are great.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.