Raxco InstantRecovery Workstation

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by DVD+R, Dec 9, 2014.

1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I've just tried this out again, but I wasn't going to keep it, until I get a larger SSD probably 500GB or more. However I noticed something rather Odd when uninstalling it :eek: Within the uninstall command box that pops up during uninstalling, when it got to C:/ the error said cannot find location/fie provided ? or something in that manner, I cant fully remember but within those lines. The result was that it actually uninstalled the Copy snapshot of the Primary, but left the Primary intact, thus leaving a large 26.8GB chunk of space remaining on my C:/ drive. I'm hoping this wont occur when I install it on the New SSD.
    I installed InstantRecovery again, and after installation I noticed both the primary and secondary snapshots were intact. Then I deleted the secondary manually, hoping it would fix the problem, then fully uninstalled again choosing complete uninstall snaps & program that is, but still the data chunk remained o_O My drives back to normal now as I recovered from a backup image I have on my data drive, but If anyone has encountered similar or knows what the problem could be? thanks in advance ;)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've seen in the past where I had to manually uninstall a secondary, but you should see it deleting the data. Then the uninstall should be fine. I would say if you are going to go further with IR(and I would heartily endorse it) you contact support. They will probably want you to put it on again, but that should be fine if you have a backup image.

Pete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.