Raxco FirstDefense-ISR Professional

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by maddawgz, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Eric,

I completely understand your viewpoint, and I thank you for your honest reply.

Eric, we do not live in a perfect World, and perhaps because of that fact, we are compelled to make the the most of second best, as a Pareto optimum solution does not exist!

Than you for well thought views.

Regards

Marserobert

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Exactly Ken. None of the Shadow.... programs do anything like FDISR, nor are they intended to. In some cases they come close, yes you can install something not requiring a reboot, test it and then reboot and it is gone. But you can't install with a reboot or leave it for extended periods.

The other rollback program, which I have played with, we all know the name, has made big leaps in reliablity, but still is a pain in terms of imaging. In the end that was the deciding factor. The gain wasn't worth the pain. For me FDISR is still king.

Pete

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

At the end of the day, if product X works for you and it's solid even if it looks like development work is "frozen", you may as well stay with it.

We can sometimes end up in a forever loop of looking for something else. Newer software will always be there, and improvements made in others, but I don't think we'll ever find the "holy grail" in whatever software genre we're looking at.

Also I would question what one is doing on the computer to get disillusioned with a product that to a point works for them. If you start worrying about killdisk and stuff like that, it makes me wonder what the hell is going on in the first place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.