Rather buggy software, TI-10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by chopah, Dec 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chopah

chopah Registered Member

After using TI-8 for some time I bought TI-10. I bought it from Newegg as downloadable software. The price is good but please use a credit card, the Paypal feature they use doesn't work. Back to the bugs.

I should know better than to buy software until several revisions have been completed. TI-10 does appear to make an image of my C: hard drive. I image on an external firewire hard drive. My TI-8 wouldn't work with USB but was happy with firewire so I'm still doing it that way.

When I try to use TI-10 to do Email images it simply won't run. When I tell it to do DATA images it works about 25% of the times I try.

The bugs I see:
    1. A sudden slowing of the computer to the point of being useless.
    2. Some times it simply locks up on the last working screen.
    3. A few instant shutdowns of the TI-10 software. It is there and suddenly it is gone. Poof.

As long as it can make full drive images, and actually restore them, I'll use it. That, and it also must make bootable disk clones. TI-8 did that part perfectly and I'll try it soon with TI-10.

Rather than try to solve these bugs for Acronis I'll stand by and wait until I see a more reliable version.

I've had very little problem with software until TI came my way. I vote it as being the most buggy software I've ever used.

If anyone has some reasonable ideas I'm certainly willing to listen. I have sata hard drives here running XP Home.:cautious:

I was able to build the BART CD with the Acronis plugin. It does boot but I'm not going to test it until TI-10 is working better for me.

Chopah

2. GroomLake

GroomLake Registered Member

Sorry to hear all these problems. It is very scary. What OS are you running?

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

That's not too good.:'(

I wondered whether you are suffering problems caused by overinstalling V10 on top of V8. You may wish to consider uninstalling, cleaning out your registry and reinstalling V10.

Note that if that does not improve things this is worth a support request - you may have to wait a week for a response, but you will be waiting 3-6 weeks on this forum for an official response from Acronis.

Let us know how you get on.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.