RAT.Remoter

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Terravita, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terravita

Terravita Registered Member

I keep getting this message in TDS-3.

Scan Control Dumped @ 13:25:10 28-12-03
    RegVal Trace: RAT.Remoter: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    File: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run [Taskman=C:\Program Files\Task Man 1.5\TASKMAN.EXE]

I have uninstalled Taskman, cleaned the registry and reinstalled Taskman. Why do I keep getting this message?

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

What is Task Man ?

This is a registry TRACE value, which was left over by a machine infected with "Remoter". If you have a legitimate application that uses that startup name, please send an email to gavin@diamondcs.com.au with the URL to the legitimate program. I'll remove the trace detection, you can ignore it for now :)

3. Terravita

I downloaded Taskman 1.5 from the DiamondCS Freeware page:

TaskMan+
    TaskMan+ is a free tiny utility that launches Windows Task Manager in a special way as to boost the security privileges of Task Manager, which in turn gives it a real unconditional license to terminate ANY process. Requires Administrator privileges

I downloaded a fresh copy and installed it. I still get the message in my original post.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hello Terravita
    Which operating system are you using?
    Did you get the message immediately after the first install of Taskman+ or did it start after a while suddenly?

5. Terravita

Jooske

I am running XP Pro with all updates. I have been using TaskMan for several months. This error started suddenly, the same day or the day before posting my message.

Along with TDS-3, I am using WormGuard, RegProt, ProcessGuard, Port Explorer, Ad-aware, Ad-watch, Spybot, PC-cillin 2003, ZoneAlarmPro, and BOCLEAN. Except for PC-cillian, I am running the current release on all software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.