RAT.EPS 1.6 >>> HELP

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by HappyCamper, Apr 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Registered Member

Running TDS-3 today I discovered I have somehow picked up this lil beauty and for the life of me can find no informmation on it, nor how to remove it from my computer ( log below )

Scan Control Dumped @ 13:18:28 13-04-05
    File Trace: Default trojan filename: RAT.EPS 1.6
    File:

File:

File:

File:

File:

File:

No file is associated with it and TDS-3 will not allow me to delete. I sure could use some help getting rid of this pest. I have several other anti-trojan programs activated on my comp and none of them ( Microsoft's/Giant's anti-spyware; Xoft anti-spyware; and Webroots Spy Sweeper ) see or recognize it, all come up negative. NOD32 does not find it either. How do I remove this? :(

2. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

It looks like you have a corrupt database, or one of the resident programs is causing a conflict. Download a new database first, and if that doesn't help, try disabling the others but ONLY if you are offline and not at risk. Re-enable them before getting online or running any programs

3. HappyCamper

HappyCamper Registered Member

Gavin

Much thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I shut down all of my other protective programs; but still received the same warning when I re-ran TDS-3. I then reactivated my other protection, uninstalled TDS-3, cleaned my registry and d/l'd and installed a fresh copy of TDS-3. When I ran a full sysytem scan, I came up clean. I am baffled as to where the problem originated; but am glad you helped me solve .. many thanks !! ;)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Sounds good, congratulations!
    Think Gavin meant to update the radius again, but your solution did very well too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.