RAS Initial Update Failure

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by WESTIOM, Apr 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WESTIOM

WESTIOM Registered Member

I am a newbie to ESET and Remote Admin

I have installed Remote Admin Server (3.0.105) and Remote Admin Console (3.0.105) on a Windows 2003 R2 server within an internal network.

I performed an Advanced install on both products and set no passwords

I can successfully open the console and connect to the server but I can not recieve any updates - i.e. Virus Signatures etc.

Under Server Options --> Updates I have set up my EAV username and password but I get the message 'Failed, CANT_DOWNLOAD' - the logs report 'Update failed, code: 4, aditional code 0x1204, aditional description CANT_DOWNLOAD'

The server uses a proxy server for Internet Access and this works fine - allows HTTP traffic on Port 8080

Do I need additional configuration steps to allow download access or do I need to open ports on our firewall for ESET to communicate with remote servers

2. bio

bio Registered Member

you need to go to server options - other settings tab and click edit advanced options. in there you need to configure your proxy server settings in de update section.
    I am curious if you can get the nod32v2 updates as well.

regards
    bio..

3. WESTIOM

WESTIOM Registered Member

Under Other Settings ---> Advanced Settings I had already set the proxy server details (under the Proxy Server option). I also set the HTTP Proxy Server (under the Update option)

I set the proxy server to same DNS name and port (8080) as defined within the Internet Explorer Connection tab

It does mention port 3128 as default - does it use this to communicate with the outside world or with our proxy server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.