random mirabilis registry entry

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by wutsup, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

never had it before today, i looked it up and its related to AOL/icq. i do have AIM installed but i know for sure it was not there before today. i used Unhackme today could that have installed thatregistry entry?

2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Probably just the usual AOL invasion of privacy. Don't worry about it. *tumbleweed rolls by ... Just Kiddingggg.

Post the reg entry, to be sure. To be honest, I was semi joking about AOL and sort of just giving my experience of installing AOL software. Expect to find bits and pieces of "things" you hadn't asked for. Be careful to check what options you have ticked at install.

3. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

well the thing is that ive used AIM before and i installed it when i built my computer back in November 2008 and never had this registry entry before yesterday. i deleted it immediately, and have no idea how it got on my computer

4. wutsup

wutsup Registered Member

i deleted it but its under HKEY current user/software/mirabilis/

i know for sure it as not there before yesterday. do i have to worry about this? and would you happen to know how it got on my computer?

im using avira premium/threafire/sas free/mbam free/ asquared free/ windows vista firewall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.