Ran DriveCleanser instead of Format: can't find drive

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by sgtpepper, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtpepper

sgtpepper Registered Member

Hey, I needed to use a second drive for backup, and I ran drivecleanser (simple - replace all bits with zero) instead of formatting (which is what I should have done), and now I can't see the drive when it is in my USB enclosure - help? :doubt:

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u dont need to recover data from the drive, just format it.

u can do so from Administrative Tools | Computer Management | Disk Management. locate ur drive, and partition/format it.

3. sgtpepper

in disk management:

thanks, I tried that, in the main list of drives it doesn't show the extra drive (that I wiped with DC), but in the little graphic area where it shows partitions, etc. it does show the second drive with the bar being black, it says unknown and "not initiallized" and there's no options to format it. :(

4. sgtpepper

never mind, i got it to format (had to go through a couple of right-click menus, kind of guessing along the way :D)

Thanks! I will update if I run into any more problems/questions

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sgtpepper,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Software.

Please be aware that Acronis Drive Cleanser does not allow you to format (create new partitions on) a hard drive. This software is intended for data destruction only. However, if you are interested in disk wiping and would like us to resolve the problem with the hard drive detection then please let us know the following:
    - Have you tried to use Acronis Drive Cleanser within Windows or booting from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media?
    - When did the message appear exactly?
    - What is the build number of Acronis Drive Cleanser you use? You can find the build number in the Help->About dialog?

We can offer you to take a look at Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 which will allow you to format a hard drive. You can download the free trial version from this section of our web site in order to see how the software works on your computer.

If you would like to purchase the full version of the product then please visit Acronis Online Store.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.