Ram

Discussion in 'hardware' started by maddawgz, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi i have 2x 1DDR ram right now in total 2gig of ram..i want to put 4gig ram in my pc...... i attached a pic of what i got...... and the one i am interested in would the ram fit thanks..

Legend 2GB DDR2 800Mhz Desktop ram memory x 2

My Ram

http://imgur.com/TIDQx

thanks in advance..or if not what ram do i need.

2. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

You're probably better off going to a vendor website (for instance, crucial.com) and entering your specs to see what you can get.

EDIT: grammar goof.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  3. Raza0007

Raza0007 Registered Member

The Ram would fit but the new Ram will only work at 667 MHz. I am assuming your previous Ram of 667 MHz was the one that came originally with the computer, then the max Ram speed your motherboard can handle is 667 MHz.

As crofttk mentioned it would be better if you go to crucial.com and get the Ram that fits your system.

I have never heard of Ram from "Legend" by the way, I would recommend you only buy Ram from a good reliable company.

4. BrandiCandi

BrandiCandi Guest

:thumb:
    Only way to go. Every computer is different.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

800 MHz RAM will run in a 667 machine. It will still only run at 667 speeds. It is only an upgrade if it is larger capacity, for example replace 1GB sticks with 2GB sticks. The most major issue will be that it is 1.8 volts for DDR2. If you buy sticks that require 2.1 volts for example, and your machine does not allow you to increase DDR voltage it will not boot. But all 1.8 volt DDR2 is pretty standard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.