ram upgrade what would you do?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

I'm glad you appear to have it sorted, I have come across this on many occaisions - As I wrote earlier it's the first thing to check :)

Pilli

2. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Just a thought here. I recently had trouble with my PC not always being able to reboot. It would just shutdown and sulk keeping the power light on. I had a feeling that it might be over heating and checked the temp when running and was above 60 C. Got some Artic Silver and cleaned and reseated the CPU heat sink. That resolved the problem and brought the temp down to 30 C with little variation. I notice that now after six weeks the temp is starting to climb again (37 C) which is ok but something to monitor.

Might be worth checking the running temp on your CPU, it is also worth cleaning out the dust from the fins of the heat sink.

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

If not already done, download <Memtest86+ v1.70> and run it for a few hours (preferably overnight). There should be zero errors reported during the test.

Regards

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

woops same as below.
    asi said im tired

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i will do that sometime maybe next weekend since atm ive had a great day but im knackered lol.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.