RAID0 to unRAIDed hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sous2817, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sous2817

sous2817 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm having some weird intermittent pausing problems with my computer. The only thing I can think of is it's a problem with the SATA RAID0 setup. I want to image my HDD to an external USB HDD, reformat and unraid my main HDDs and restore the image to one of the newly formated HDD. Is that possible using Acronis Ture Image? Is the fact that I'm going from a RAID0 setup to a regular SATA HDD going to create any issues? Any help you can give me on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
    sous2817

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sous2817,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You scenario should work because you already have your controller driver installed into Windows system so that after restoration it will recognize the disk. Of course, it will work if you do not want to plug your hard disk to the new motherboard with the different controller.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. sous2817

Thank you for your quick reply. All I want to do is image my current HDD to the external drive, reformat, then restore the image to one of the internal, clean (now unRAIDed) drives. I don't plan on moving any wires around or anything like that.

I'm glad to hear that this will work. One last question and I'll leave you alone. After reformating, I do not plan on reinstalling Windows XP on the reformated drive then restoring the image. I'd like to restore the image to a clean drive. Will I be able to do this? Is that what the bootable floppy is for?

Thanks,
    sous2817

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sous2817,

You do not need even to format your drive. Acronis True Image will delete all partitions on it before writing the image content to the drive. And of course you won't need to install Windows or perform any other actions. Just plug your external drive with the image, unRAID your disks in BIOS, boot from Acronis Bootable CD and restore the image from the external drive to your internal one.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello sous2817,

Pardon me for butting in but before following Ilya's advice I recommend that you boot from the rescue CD/floppy, check that TI detects your external USB HD and then verify the integrity of your image file via TI's Check Image Wizard. Part way through a restore is not the time to find out that your image is corrupt because by then TI will have deleted the original partitions on your destination drives.

Regards

6. sous2817

No need to apologize at all and thank you for the advice! I'll be sure to verify everything before I start the restore process. Is there any other advice you can give before I get started?

Thanks,
    sous2817

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Just keep your fingers crossed :D

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.