Raid support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by wolf121, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolf121

wolf121 Registered Member

doe's true image support raid arrays ? i tried version 10 and it made my system unbootable.

Thanks
    Tom

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

With some hardware it works and some it doesn't. I've used ATI successfully with Intel and other RAIDS since back around version 8. Really old stuff tends to drop off the compatibility list and new stuff takes a while to get onto it.

3. qwertz

qwertz Registered Member

TI destroys the correct stripe/track alignment with RAID when restoring partitions. The offset will be changed to an unaligned 63 sector offset. This will cause performance degradation, and in some cases makes Vista / Win7 unbootable. You can prevent this by restoring a complete (aligned) disk rather than one or more partitions, or use a different imaging software.

4. nuspieds

nuspieds Registered Member

On my ThinkPad W700, I have 2 200GB drives, RAID0, and ATI never restored it properly. It always rendered by system unbootable.

Whether nor not I selected to restore the MBR, the outcome was always the same: Unbootable.

I had enough frustration so I switched to ShadowProtect Desktop.

5. wolf121

wolf121 Registered Member

will ShadowProtect Desktop support vista 64bit and raid 0 ? i'm using a ICH10R chipset on a ga-ep45-ud3p mother board.

6. nuspieds

nuspieds Registered Member

Yes.

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello wolf121,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home

Can you please clarify the issue in more details? Please provide step-by-step actions which lead to unbootable system. I may recommend you download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and test it.

Under Windows Acronis True Image supports all RAID arrays Windows has drivers for. he standalone version of Acronis True Image uses embedded Linux drivers for RAID arrays. There is a probability that Linux drivers for a specific RAID array have not been included yet. In this case you should try to use a special plug-in for the BartPE instead of the standalone version. This plug-in allows you to use Windows drivers for the RAID array when running Acronis True Image from BartPE bootable CD.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.