Raid Promise MBFastTrack133 Compatibility

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pacal, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacal

Pacal Guest

I have an older system with the following specs:

Asus A7V333 w/Onboard Promise MBFasttrack133 Raid Controller
    1GB DDR400 Memory
    Two 80GB Drives, Striped, 2 Partitions

While Acronis TrueImage v9 recognizes my raid array in WinXP, it can't make sense of it while in the rescue environment. It either recognizes two independent drives or a single unified drive with an erroneous capacity rating. I have a couple questions...

A) Is support for the promise fasttrack133 raid controller lacking in this version of trueimage v9.0?
    B) Can I modify the rescue media somehow to use drivers the MBFasttrack133 drivers?
    C) I have 2 partitions, one for all my system files and programs; the other for storage. If I store my backup images on the second partition in the striped raid array, Acronis won't destroy both partitions trying to restore the primary, will it?

Thanks so much,
    Pacal

2. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Registered Member

Try booting TI in it's "safe mode".

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pacal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.0 does support your controller.

First of all please make sure that Acronis Bootable CD is created with the latest build (2302) of Acronis True Image 9.0. In order to get access to updates you should register account on our site (or just log in if you have already created it) and then register your copy of the product.

If the problem persists with the latest build please try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.