Raid issue and support site not working.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Pmivp, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

Using Enterprise Echo Server with Universal Restore - build 8115.

I am having issues restoring images to my new disaster recovery system.
    Motherboard is Supermicro with embedded Intel ich9r raid controller.

First issue - most of the time I cannot restore images with the recovery cd (using Universal Restore) from hard disk to hard disk (SATA) . I get a corrupt image message.

The images will validate every time and I can restore them across the network to a single SATA drive in the target system. So I end up with a working system but no raid (my second issue).

I am unable to create the Raid 1 array after the restore (wants to delete everything). So I created the Raid 1 in configuration utility and booted from the recovery cd. Should I see a Raid Array listed here for my destination drive? I just see the 2 individual drives which I have tried to restore to several times, with and without forcing the driver installation.

With the support site down I cannot register my products so I'm trying here first.

Should I be looking to use bartpe/vistape cds with mustangs plugins? My images are on ext2 formatted disks (using NAS device to backup to) - are they compatible with the bartpe/vista environments?

Thanks in advance.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Pmivp,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that it is possible that the archive is being declared corrupt because of faulty data transfers. Please run a memory diagnostics such a Memtest86+ available free from www.memtest.org for a several hours. There should be no errors reported. Please also run Windows chkdsk utility with parameter "/r" on the hard drive the archive is stored at.
    If there are no errors with memory/hard drive reported, please try copying/moving the archive to another location, and validating it again.

As for problems with RAID, it seems that Acronis Bootable Rescue Media doesn't recognize it properly for some reason. Could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post with the RAID configured.

Please create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the RAID controller in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will do our best to investigate the problem and provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Pmivp

Pmivp Registered Member

I sent the reports you requested and received the reply that I should point the driver search to the driver folder and that the all the driver files should be in there! - I have and they are (can only do this is in safe mode) ! It doesn't really help when I can't see a destination drive to start with in full mode.

Anyways, I have created a BartPE disk using the Mustang's plugins. I can now see the Raid Array and have been able to restore images to it. The speed difference is unbelievable compared to the Linux recovery cd.

Anyone else having trouble should definitely try the BartPE approach with Mustang's plugins.

My disaster recovery plan is back on track. :D

Thank you Mustang.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.