Raid 0 question

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kieron, Nov 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kieron

Kieron Guest

I've just purchased Ver 8 to backup my Raid 0 array to an IDE HD. When I run it...it crashes the PC.

Is this a known issue? Is Raid supported. I'm gutted if its not :(

HELP!!

2. KCDoug

KCDoug Registered Member

TI8 does work with a growing number of raid volume configs, but I don't think with all of 'em. Try:

1. Doing a search on this forum;
    2. Contacting Acronis Support - they have significantly improved their responsiveness - usually you'll hear back within a few business days. They may first ask you to use their reporting tool to evaluate your set-up.

I have an Intel mbo with integrated raid controller in a 0 stripe with two Western Digital SATA drives. TI8 now appears to be working for me - in that I have successfully created images on my back up drive, and the TI8 integrity/verification for each checks out okay. The only test I've not done is an actual restore. ButTI wasn't initially working correctly for me - my solution turned out to be downloading a updated controller driver, even though my pre-existing driver was only 3 months old.

Hang in there & good luck.

-Doug

3. Kieron

Kieron Guest

Re: Sata Raid 0 question

Thanks Doug,

I have just had an IDE Raid 1 array crash out big time so I'm using this as an opportunity to upgrade. I've installed two SATA WD Raptors on my Epox 4PCA3 motherboard using the Intel ICH5R drivers/chip as Raid 0.

I booted up on my IDE drive (non raid) & set the Raid cluster sizes etc. Everything looked sweet. I ran TI8 and got the Wizard. After a few screens (I actually saw it recognise both drives) BANG....shutdown real sudden :(

I went adead & booted from Raid 0 and subsequently reinstalled all my software. I thought I'd try it again...this time Sara Raid0 to IDE....

Exactly the same result......shutdown!

I'll e-mail support.

4. Kieron

Kieron Guest

I see Support have answered a lot of questions today...but not this one o_O

Help!

Epox 4PCA3 mobo
    P4 3.2
    1GB Mushkin DDR Ram
    Win XP SP2

2X WD 72GB Raptors HD's on INTEL ICH5R controller RAID 0
    1X WD 80GB IDE HD on IDE1

Running Acronis crashes PC violently!

5. Kieron

Kieron Guest

Come on Support....its 48 hours + now

I've e-mailed everything in....no reply...not even on the Forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.