RAID 0 and Acronis True Image Home 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by erdawley, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erdawley

erdawley Registered Member

My system a 600 Dell XPS Pentium D - Windows XP Professional SP3 - Nvidia Media Shield Raid 0. The hard drives are aging and I want to replace them.

I own Acronis True Image Home 2009. There are two physical Maxtor SATA 250GB drives: SATA 0 and SATA 1 in this system which Acronis True Image Home only sees as C: a 465.61GB Drive and it also sees a 47MB FAT partition EISA configured.

I want to clone the entire contents on SATA 0 and SATA 1 but the program doesn’t recognize the physical drives SATA 0 and SATA 1. It recognizes only the C: drive and a 47MB FAT partition EISA configured which physical drives SATA 0 and SATA1 make up. My fear is with the RAID 0 configuration I will ultimately corrupt the system using Acronis True Image Home 2009.

Do I need to purchase two 500GB drives and clone to only one of them?
    or

Do I somehow get Acronis to copy each of the physical 250GB drives to similar sized physical drives in order for the RAID 0 to function.

Can Acronis True Image Home 2009 accomplish this task?

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

With a RAID 0 setup (which I have) although it's made up of 2 hard drives your PC will only ever see them as one entire hard drive. If you backup the c: using Acronis you should be able to restore it to a new RAID 0 set up if that's what you're planning on doing. In fact, you could restore it just to one hard drive (I think). Not sure if this helps but I've backed up partitions successfully from my other RAID 0 set ups and restore them successfully after I replaced the 2 hard drives with new ones and set up RAID 0 in the bios.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

I can add that even changing RAID configuration without changing RAID controller can be applied (please see this article for more information).

erdawley, in your case you want to replace the hard drives only.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.