Radius update

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by TDS_Man, May 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDS_Man

TDS_Man Registered Member

Hey,spy1

Thanks it was killing me

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

( <g> ) NP. YW. Pete

3. zappa

zappa Registered Member

I am running W98se.

1) Yup, them 0 kb files really are 0.
    2) Didn't have wordpad in C:\Windows, yes it was in accessories.

Here we go again...
    3) rundll32.exe name has been changed to Rundll32.exe
    Same weird things that were happening before.  Sigh.

(I just reinstalled W98, too) Sigh.

4)My config.sys is completely gone.  TDS has been telling me so for a while now.  "File doesn't exist"

5) My notepad is supposed to be 52K but is really 65K.  

Where is my shotgun, one right between the pixels would be fine with me...just figuring out which pixels now...

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Zappa,
    did you get back the notepad from the original install and was there 52k? (as my original is 56k)
    With the grown 65k sized one, scan doesn't say a thing? Does SFC check those files for changes as well or only the system files? Would submit it to the DCS lab for further testing, as there are trojans which love to add themselves to notepad.
    run or Run i think that's part of the system; when i look in "find" i see files sometimes size 1k while the properties tell me different, and i see more often such name changes. Was that the original file and still same size in the system directory or a new 0 size file in TDS?
    As i notices some 0 size files for the same files posted here earlier as well.
    For the config.sys a find in explorer doesn't locate it either?
    Is TDS looking for it in the right path name? This you can edit if necessary in TDS > Edit > and i think you mean in the CRCfiles.txt.
    Oops, think my WinME system needs a closer look as the config.sys there is 0 and another one there found in the EBD files, straaaaaaaaaaange! (never work on that system, so i don't know what is normal or not, others might be able to!)
    On my Win98SE i have the config.sys just in the c:\ and another one in the EBD whatever that is...............

Don't shoot nor get frustrated yet, first scan, i would certainly send the notepad sample to the lab submit@diamondcs.com.au even if TDS doesn't alarm on it. My wordpad is 204k but a Dutch version as well so might differ from yours.

5. FanJ

FanJ Guest

On a side-note:

Use a program like NISFileCheck or ADinf32 (from the company that makes the AV DrWeb) and run it every day.
    Doing so might give you a better insight look at these kind of changes on your system.

OK, I know, it's kind of a hobby-horse of me .....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.