Radical Update Snapshot Procedures:

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by apathy, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apathy

apathy Registered Member

I've been really struggling, having the time to update my secondary fdisr snapshot. I was thinking of a way to keep my snapshot updated but the choice of going back a day at the same time. Here's my idea:

Primary Snapshot(Live System)
    2nd and 3rd Snapshot.

I setup a schedule that on Monday, Wednesday and Friday my 2nd snapshot is updated automatically and on Tuesday and Thursday my 3rd snapshot is updated automatically. That way if I want to go back a day I can but either way i have a snapshot up to date and a day behind.

I keep forgetting to manually update my secondary snapshot and this might be a viable method to keep things updated but is costly in hard drive space.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Personally I don't try and schedule anything. Just get in the habit of updating prior to changing anything. For your described use, if you really want to speed it up, I'd recommend drop the third snapshot in favor of an archive.(Assuming you have another drive) Strip down the second snapshot, and just use it for a "boot haven". You will find updating archives much quicker.

Pete

PS as to the problem of forgetting. That is just a matter of forming a habit.

3. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Suggest also: external HD for keeping that archive on = less space strain on primary HD.
    Can get whopping external USB drives now for next to nix.

You know you can run FDISR in the background while working ?
    Nice apps in the sig apathy; heh get a router and drop Commodo ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.