RAC with Win2003 clients not all in domain

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by babiape, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. babiape

babiape Registered Member

Running v3 of RAC and some of the workstations are not listed as being a part of the domain, yet they appear as clients in RAC.
    This of course is preventing the remote installation.
    Any ideas why these workstations are not appearing as members of the domain?

2. nonoise

nonoise Registered Member

can you remote install on them if you type in their ip? could firewall be the problem?

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you are giving users local admin rights then they could possibly disjoin their computer from the domain but the machine object won't be purged. Have you verified that they really are on the domain and you can access them with domain credentials?

4. babiape

I tried the IP address and still got Access Denied (using user's id and password and administrator id/pwd).
    I don't see how they could get exchange email or access to server data without domain access so I don't think that's they been disassociated with this server.
    the firewall settings are controled by GPO so all users have the same settings, but half the users were able to push install.

5. babiape

figured it out: some client workstations did not have File and Printer Sharing checked on.
    Once I did that I was able to install remotely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.