RAC Understanding & Ops

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by mwd, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwd

mwd Registered Member

I'm such a newbie on NOD I'm not even sure how to ask this.

I installed NOD32 on our Server. Simple workgroup. I installed RAS and RAC and got connection.

We set up 1 client for testing and it still has AVG on it.

When I search for unprotected computers it lists the Server itself and the Client.

First question is why did it consider the server unprotected when it had NOD installed?

And does it mean by unprotected that it doesn't have NOD (brand) installed on the client... because it has AVG?

I went to push packages (just looking) and right clicked on the server and hit "info" and it pulled the NOD info but still showed unprotected. I tried a push of the basic package to the server which failed so I right clicked and cleared.

Now the server doesn't show up as unprotected but I'm thinking I did not do this the right way.

It does however give me logs and scan records in RAC.

Second question. I can't really see pushing packages as we are going to have to manually extract old AV's off the workstations and it would be just as easy to install NOD32 manually at that time. Will this be a problem with RAC? I mainly wanted RAC to keep an eye on our workgroup computers as far as any viruses go and make sure the definitions are up to date.

Am I missing the point of this RAC or can I use it for these simple needs?

Can someone over-simplify these first steps for me to get me started with the right understanding.

thanks...

2. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    I often do a similar setups on some clients...having to go around to each workstation to uninstall previous antivirus..then, while I'm there..I just run the workstation installer from a share..bounce the rig...I then set the client to be remote managed..so it reports into the RAC. Then after they all report into the RAC...I'll push out a config to all of them from the RAC....with whatever settings I wish to be used for their network (update, AMON and IMON settings, exclusions, configs for laptops, etc)

So yes, you can just use the RAC to monitor them..update config files to them, etc. It doesn't have to be used to push installs. The important thing is..once the client is installed on the fleet...to have it report to the RAS..so you can manage them all from RAC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.