RAC: push newest v4 version to clients

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Mister Natural, Dec 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I haven't messed with this in a while, thought I'd ask.
    My clients are running an older version of v4 and I'd like to update them all to the newest version. Can I do this without re-running or pushing the entire install routine? Perhaps I can extract the files and copy them to a directory on the server so that clients update without losing their current configurations?

Update: Looking over the manual. If I update to the current version on the mirror it will allow clients to update versions provided I have that configuration enabled on the clients already? I already have them configured to automatically update components without a prompt.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  2. Mister Natural

I got it, thanks for all the help gang. :rolleyes:

3. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

4. Mister Natural

I do have one problem. About half the machines are not updating. I figure I need to clear the update cache on each machine. :mad:

Anyway I can do this remotely?

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

If you are in a domain environment and have credentials to access them, you could put together a script to roll through and purge the Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Updfiles directory on the problem systems, then force them to update again through the RAS. That should take care of it.

6. Mister Natural

I'll give it a try, thanks Smacky. :thumb:

Update:
    Yep that fixed it, thanks Smacky. I owe you a Guinness.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2009
  7. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I had a few clients not update after pushing out the latest version of NOD32 to them, I just let them be and they worked themselves out after a couple hours.

How did you push the update out via the mirror vs rolling a new install and pushing that through ERAC though?

8. Mister Natural

I pushed the new msi to clients from the console without including a cfg.xml file. Since I was upgrading from 4.0.437 to 4.0.474 the clients retained their previous configuration. Only thing left was a reboot was required. I emailed those that needed to reboot and they did so.

9. RyanW

RyanW Registered Member

I have clients that have still not rebooted (ERAC says) and they update fine. The client icon is orange rather than green on those machines, but it continues to function normally.

Weird stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.