RA Push Install

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by gulikoza, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gulikoza

gulikoza Registered Member

Hello,

The old 3.x console allowed push install to a particular IP. This was very useful when a computer was not yet detected in workgroup/domain and/or pushing through VPN links. The new 4.x console only allows pushing to clients it can see. This is very frustrating. We are losing a lot of time when a new computer is not set up yet and it is not detected by the console. You need to keep clicking enumerate, waiting for it to finish, finding out it did not find the new machine yet. After a while, it detects some old ip of the machine and fails to push NOD there...I have no idea how to clear that. I know the IP of the machine, I can find it on the dhcp server, why will the console not let me push install to the IP of my choosing?
    I know the new 4.x install is faster when pushing to the whole workgroup/domain, I can appreciate that. But old 3.x install was more reliable in the sense that if it could connect, it would finish the install. 4.x sometimes hangs on Waiting, requiring the reset of the service or it hangs on 'starting ESET service', the last time we just gave up, installed by hand and imported the xml config. It was faster.

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

You can actually push to a list of computer names as well as IP ranges or even a single IP via v4.x of the ESET Remote Administrator. Go to the remote install tab then in the network view tool down to Custom List. Right click custom list and then select Create Group. Name the group. Next right click on the group and select edit. You can add host names and IP addresses in here. You can then attempt to push to them.

If you have an installation stuck on waiting you may need to adjust the permissions of the ESET Remote Administrator Server service. Change the service to log on as an account with Domain Admin rights. As seen here in our push install checklist.

3. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Step by step instructions here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.