RA / Nod32 v3 update issue

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by NJ917, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NJ917

NJ917 Registered Member

I'm curious if anyone has had a similar issue to me, or knows of any solutions. We've recently upgraded to Nod32 v3 Business Edition, all via push from RA. Everything seemed to be working fine, however now the clients are not receiving definition updates from the server. When I reboot the server, it fixes this issue, however it arises again a few hours later. While I'm receiving the updates error, I'm still able to successfully push config tasks out to the clients, so it's not an issue of a connection dropping. Any ideas?

~Realiza tu sueño

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

After upgrading did the clients ever update correctly? If so, for how long was everything working as it should.

When the issue was first noticed, had anything on the network changed? Anything else installed or uninstalled.

When you say,

"however now the clients are not receiving definition updates from the server."

does this mean that the mirror updated from our servers and when the clients next check in they can't get the available updates? Or, is the mirror not getting the files from our servers?

When you reboot, does it resolve the issue immediatly and every client updates as soon as checking in with the server?

How often do the clients check in with the server?

Thank you,
    BFG

3. AtariFX

AtariFX Registered Member

We actually didn't upgrade - we started from scratch w/ V3. After I reboot the server, the clients update fine for a few hours.

The clients in the RAC then turn yellow. The clients cannot connect. Actually, some of them are fine - maybe 50% stop working. They are set to connect every 10 minutes. Currently 300 clients attached to server.

In the clients log, I see this error:

2/18/2008 9:25:56 PM Update Could not connect to server. NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Server log:

Column Name Value
    Event Id Event 17559
    Client Name P50-90-pc
    Computer Name P50-90-pc
    MAC Address 001676b31125
    Primary Server Helix
    Date Received 2008-02-18 21:25:52
    Date Occurred 2008-02-18 21:25:40
    Level Critical Warning
    Plugin Update module
    Event Could not connect to server.
    User NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Clients logging into my server unauthenticated. Works for awhile, then stops.

4. Damon85

Damon85 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.