RA Console Hell

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by joelburchett, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelburchett

    joelburchett Registered Member

    Jul 18, 2006
    I have an issue when I try to get information from my clients through RA Console, the application just evaporates. No error, no app log entry. Nothing. Re-open it just fine and you can start the process all over again, clicking one by one adding clients to the Install pane. I have repeated this on two different servers running Windows 2003 and an XP workstation. This RA Console appears to be quite useless. I also can even push an updated Profile configuration. It appears I have to manually install all of my clients or manually make changes to all of their config profiles. This is not what I had in mind when we purchased NOD.
  2. Blackspear

    Blackspear Global Moderator

    Dec 2, 2002
    Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
    Do you have the latest version of the RAC installed?

    Cheers :D
  3. YeOldeStonecat

    YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

    Apr 25, 2005
    Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    That's not anything I'd have in mind for the RAC either...I've done a loooot of different EEdition installs...been averaging 1x new EE install a week lately, and I've set to see this.

    The admin/RAS box...does it have all Windows Updates?
    Any software firewalls on the admin/RAS box?
    Are you running active directory?
    Is this a single LAN you're dealing with? Or WAN environment?
    Can you consider the network relatively healthy, where you're replacing a prior antivirus brand? Or was there no prior antivirus, and relative health of computers is "iffy"?

    2003 server in good health? Not used as a workstation? I say this..because just yesterday I was deploying EE across a multi-site location. I RDC'd into a domain controller at the remote office. To my surprise...it had about 15 apps open...various spreadsheets, Outlook e-mail, MSN Messenger, some Access databases, Timberline LOB, several Internet Explorer sessions... :gack: o_O I thought to myself..."WTH..did I remote into a workstation by accident?" But no..I had the Server2003 logon. Then I get kicked out. I remote in again..and I get kicked out. I call down there..they have some chick at the office..sitting down on their DOMAIN CONTROLLER...using it as a workstation...logged in as under the Administrator account. :blink: :blink: :blink:

    Anyways...I'm backing up on this project..because due to that..and several things that acted wonky when I joined the domain with a new server I built at the location I was in charge of...dcpromo, ADMT, (replacing an old NT4 server on my end) ...I'm backing up...and going to sit down and remove myself from responsibility for anything do to with the remote office (another consultant takes care of that one). I want nothing to do with that server down there if someone uses it as a workstation..a big BIG no-no in my book.

    Sidestep rant there...but just an example...of odd things can happen when servers are used in that role.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.