R-Drive Image 4.7

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by napoleon1815, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

I don't see a lot of threads on this tool, but I use it occassionally and wanted to give it some visilbity.

The link about it is: http://www.drive-image.com/
    The manual is here: http://www.r-tt.com/downloads/Drive_Image_Manual.pdf

It's a pretty solid program, and I've used it several times for images and restores. Light app, fast, very stable. It can be real "geeky" too like IFW is you really get into it and run the commands and custom scripts. The boot disk is really cool...very retro looking (Linux based), like something from my old Commodore 64 days. However, it is loaded with drivers and has always detected everything. Only issue I have had with the boot disk was resizing partitions during a restore. I restored with a smalller C: drive and grew D: and it failed to boot (support is looking at it). A straight up restore works fine, and always has 100%. Their support is really good too...email based but I have never gone more than 2 hours without a reply.

Anyway, if you own it this might all be second hand to you, but if you are looking for something new or something to toy with, check it out.

2. andylau

andylau Registered Member

R-TT's R-Studio is very powerful, but its R-Drive image compare to IFW/D/L, I cannot see it would be better than IFW/D/L.:D

3. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

I use IFL primarily as I prefer to do my images offline, but have used both IFW and R-Drive extensively for live imaging. For my needs, both have been equal for what I need, and both have never failed me ever. IFW can do more in terms of customizations, but my needs don't require that most of the time so they are on equal footing in that respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.