Qwik-Fix

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Don't get me wrong here........QF is OK.....but how on earth does one get rid??......it just doesn't seem to die no matter what!..........

Cochise, :cool:

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Cochise;

I would ask VikingStorm how he got rid of his. After reviewing the site, I wouldn't use it again. There is not enough support information on the site.

Close Hauled

3. webster

webster Registered Member

Hi´Cochise

I hate to tell you this, but i had the same problem. I could not kill it, and i tried everything. I had to do this http://www.killdisk.com/ Sorry
    :'(

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Chocise,

Since you are now using XP, before you install any program, make a restore point before you install. If the program is a loser, simply restore your system to the time before you put the program on your disk.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i just removed quickfix by disabling protection, then uninstalling by clicking uninstall from its menu option. i checked with hijackthis and it looks like it has been removed.

Attached Files:

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

ill work out how to post two sreenshots in one post one day :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi All,

Thanks for the good advice (As usual)....It's GONE....you where right about disabling first.....no wonder it kept telling me it could not delete because it was still in use...DOH!....it still didn't go easy but it died eventually..Thanks. :D

Hi ronjor, Couldn't use Restore or else other stuff I'm using would have been included....Cheers........

Regards to All, Cochise, :cool:

8. webster

This did not work for me, my computer was really messed up by Qwik-Fix. I am happy it worked for you :D .

Btw, There is probably still som entries left in registry . Search for "Qwik-Fix".

9. webster

Btw (again :oops: ) My Qwik-Fix were the new PRO BETA. I can not recommend this. In my opinion, don´t use it, it really messed up my computer. I use Prevx Home now. IMHO, one of the best security applications available. :cool:

10. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

BTW, after i uninstalled, i checked through my patches fixes etc. and bugoff and wwdc.exe both had something that was previously disabled enabled. i dont know how relievant it is because i didnt check first.

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I had QFix Pro....but like I said, I just brought up QF from my task bar... clicked 'Disable'...which I had never thought of doing....then I went to Add/Remove... clicked remove...which made it cough a little bit and then it was gone.....checked in HJT..Gone....checked jv16...Gone... checked all programmes and Registry in regedit...Gone....QF nowhere to be seen...Hurrah!

Thanks for the ideas.....Ahhhh! What a Team.. :D

Cochise, :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.