"Quickest Patch Ever" - If you weren't sure where M$'s priorities lay - You do now!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dog, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Read the Full Story @ Wired News

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Re: "Quickest Patch Ever" - If you weren't sure where M$'s priorities lay - You do no

Hello,
    Holy jeepers, I'm SO surprised.
    We need another Bastille.
    Mrk

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Re: "Quickest Patch Ever" - If you weren't sure where M$'s priorities lay - You do no

Now there's a surprise. Which is why Windows security will never be any good and why Vista will struggle to be as secure as XP currently is. :rolleyes:

4. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

As far as corporate relations go, this was a good move on Microsoft's part.

As for the other argument, of course economics will outweigh security. Because Microsoft is there to make money. Businesses only concern themselves with things like "saving the world" [or in this case, making the Internet safer] if it increases their profit/inflow of revenue.

But on that note, security in the end will have to be implemented because downtime from a worm or virus ultimately results in a loss of money. Perhaps not up to speed for the security professionals, but up to speed in order to protect investors in M$'s software.

5. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Do you mean corperate users or software/service suppliers, as I cant see DRM being important in the corperate office ! :D

6. sosaiso

sosaiso Registered Member

Ah, my apologies for the vague wording.

I meant software/service suppliers such as Sony and corporate entities of that nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.