Quick question about FW/AV compatibility

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Zyrtec, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question for those who might be using this FW/AV combo, for compatibility problems.

I have a spare PC at home where I like to test software like AVs and FWs.
    Recently, I came across with Avira AV Premium v.9 and Online Armor v.3.5 (paid version).

I was just wondering if there are compatibility problems (e.g.: slow boots, BSOD, error messages, high RAM usage, CPU spikes, etc.) between Avira Premium 9 and Online Armor 3.5 (paid) from users running these two applications together on the same PC (or laptop).

The specs of my spare PC: Windows Vista Business SP-1, Intel P4 3.20GHz with HT, 2GB RAM, 160GB Hard Disk (7200rpm), 256MB video memory.

P.S.: What about ZoneAlarm Pro 8.0.298 and Avira 9 Premium?

Thank you in advance for your replies...

Best Regards,

Carlos

2. Zyrtec

Zyrtec Registered Member

Hi,

I've also read that OA 3.5 (paid) has a feature called “Web Guard” and so has Avira Premium 9.

Could this feature (common to both programs) cause conflicts?

Thanks

Regards,

Carlos

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

it probably would and even if it didnt cause any immediate conflict ud probly have ur browsing speeds dragged down, disable one of them is ur best bet

4. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I'm running Avira 9 and OA 3.5 with webguard enabled on both apps, with no apparent conflicts. No perceptible slow-downs while running web surfing or running games such as Crysis, FarCry, etc.

Out of curiosity, I also ran SASPro with real-time monitor at boot-up with both Avira 9 & OA 3.5 webguards enabled. No apparent conflicts.

With all 3 guards running, I scanned with MBAM. No apparent conflicts.

This is obviously not a serious long-term test, but all indications are that OA, Avira, SAS and MBAM seem quite happy playing together.

Hope this helps!

5. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

We're also serious about compatibility - so if you do find problems, please tell us :)

6. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

thing is conflicts arent always on the surface that u can easily notice :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.