Quick launch gone after restore.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tipton, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I just did a restore from an image I made the other day. After the restore, I noticed my quick launch icons were no longer there. I looked, and the check mark in "show quick launch" was gone. I then restored from the image that I created before the one that messed with my quick launch. I then made the same changes to my system, that the image that messed with my quick launch had. That is installed MSVM, and removed the preview pane from Outlook Express. I then created a new image, and restored from it. Again, my quick launch icons were missing. I turned quick launch on again, created another image, then restored from it, and my quick launch was un-touched. Any ideas why this would happen?

Using XP pro, SP2. True image 8 build 768

Tipton

Last edited: Aug 26, 2004
  2. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I actually don't think anyone will be able to figure this one out. I did alot of testing this morning, and came up with the fact that TI 8 build 768, must just have another bug in it causing this. I tried imaging back, and re-installing just the items that were in the original image that caused the quick launch icons to end up getting turned off after a restore. I tried different combos, including adding each thing seperatly, then imaging, then restoring, to see what happens. Sometimes the quick launch icons would be missing, sometimes not....depended on what combination I used.

I also have a friend that uses TI 8, and some of his restores would bring back his desktop icon shortcut arrows, that he had removed before the image was created.

Whats disturbing about this, is that the quick launch icons are what I noticed......it makes me wonder what else was not restored correctly, that I didn't notice!

Tipton

3. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

Turns out this whole thing has really gone down hill. I am going to dis-continue using TI 8. Build 768 is quite buggy! If you right click your image files and select properties, the creation time will be wrong. There is also a compression issue that gives you the wrong compression when you create an image. Example: If you choose "normal", you get minimal. And now I am having an issue with my sound card tools. On a few of my Creative sound card tools, I get a popup saying that "the audio device supported by this application is not detected". This is after restoring from an image I made with TI 8 build 768.

Heres the story. When I did my fresh install of XP SP2, my first five images, I used True Image 7. Then I switched to True Image 8, and their latest build, and did the last 5 images with that. Well it turns out that if I go back to my first 5 images, made with TI7, the sound card tools all function fine. But, all the images made with TI 8, I get the popup I mentioned. I am going back to my 5th image, and re-installing from there, and using my older version of True Image. The latest TI 8 version seems to have alot of bugs, just like people are saying.

I do want to say, that I really love TI 7, and it has worked great for me. The new TI 8 builds have given me the blues. I really tried hard to make them work.

Tipton

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.