Questions with HitmanPro 3.5.1

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by voltron, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voltron

voltron Registered Member

Hi;

I just would like to ask a couple of questions on HitmanPro. I installed ver3.5.1 to try it out as an on-demand augmentation of my system security. (I use Avira Premium 2009, SASpy free and Malwarebytes free as on-demand scanner, OA free as firewall at the moment). I have downloaded ComboFix recently and was surprised to know that HitmanPro detected it as spyware.

Is this a false positive or ComboFix really is a spyware program?

When I tried to clean ComboFix I activated a 30day "removal/cleaning license". Does this mean that after I have consumed the 30days I will not be able to avail of the "removal/cleaning"? Will HitmanPro be a "detection only" after said 30day period?

If it stays as a "detection only" (assuming I maintain it as such) then I get a detected malware...how can I deal with the malware? Are there suggested sites to go to for cleaning/removal? Right now the thing that pops to my mind is to manually delete/quarantine the detected file in Avira Premium (if it's not detected by Avira, Mbam or SASpy as in the case of ComboFix)

Also, the Surfright website literature says that HitmanPro "creates a checkpoint in System Restore before removing malicious software", I checked after the reboot when I cleaned ComboFix but sad to say there was no "checkpoint" created.

Regards,

voltron:cool:

2. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

It depends where you downloaded ComboFix from. As far as I know ... Bleepingcomputer.com is the legit ComboFix home.

3. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

A lot of anti-malware products flag up ComboFix due to it's structure,however it's perfectly safe if you download it from a trustworthy source (Bleepingcomputer).

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  4. voltron

voltron Registered Member

Hi:) ;

I downloaded ComboFix from Bleepingcomputer forum because I am also a member of the forum there. Yes, I downloaded it asa reserve fix "if ever" I get to be infected and can't get to do something about it. Other firneds in forums also state that it is safe to use. Some say, it is really detected as such which is the reason why before using it all security apps should be disabled at the moment but as state by andyman35 and other advisers it is safe to use.

Any comments on the 30 day license for removal/cleaning?

Are there any methods if I have an infection while I maintain HitmanPro as "detection only"?

Regards,

voltron:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.