Questions on using PG v3.000

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Mike20041, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike20041

Mike20041 Registered Member

I have 2 questions on the use of process guard

1). I recently added new programs after a fresh Windows XP Home Edition XP SP2 Install and I was interested in resetting the security TAB list of applications back to default like PG v3 just got installed.

Is it safe to remove all applications, then reboot with PG v3 in learning mode to restore those settings?

2). When I choose to permitt a program always, then choose block new and changed programs after updates I always see Error "the handle is invalid". After I uncheck that the program runs fine.

It seems like I cannot lock PG v3 because anytime I want to use Internet Explorer I have to unlock it, to open the program. I gave IE6 access always.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Mike,
    Use the "Reset to default" button.
    Put PG in learning mode and reboot.
    Remember that it takes two reboots now for learning mode to be switched off automatically.
    The first reboot to set up the basic system and the second after you have enabled any or all four of the general options. This ensures Process Guard learns and deals with the changes that the four general settings have on protected list items.

Ensure that iexpore/exe is on the protection list with the following allows.
    Modify protected applications
    Read from protected applications
    Install global hooks
    Access physical memory

Also ensure that you have the latest public beta 2 available in the DCS members area.

HTH Pilli

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.