Questions concerning Process Guard

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by modano, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modano

modano Registered Member

hii all!!!!I have changed my security and now i am runing kav 6,outpost 3.51,ewido full,a2 free,xoftspy,spyware doctor 3,8 full, trojan hunter 4,5 and i am thinking about buying processguard because many of you are saying that this is great thing!! but i heard that it has conflicts whith other security apps!!!I have bad experience whith security apps conflicts (total system crash).pleas share your experiance.o_O o_O o_O

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Re: problem whith spyware doctor

Looks like you're running too many realtime apps.

3. modano

modano Registered Member

well,I don t have any problems,but trojan hunter is not active because it s realtime monitor didnt like KAV :(

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

How about throwing away some of these programs?

You are torturing your machine with all that stuff....

And, with KAV v6 you can drop most of all programs , it's just heavy overkill what you are practicing......

5. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Full versions of Ewido and Spyware Doctor?Former system crash also?
    You are running too many Programs!
    Depending on which programs you have licenses for....I'd choose Ewido over Spyware Doctor and XoftSpy.
    Regarding Process Guard......investigate and find out what programs may possibly conflict with it before trialing PG.

6. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

From the title of this thread it sounds as if you are having troble with Spyware Doctor but aster reading your post I don't see what trouble your having with it. Can you please post your trouble with it and I can try to help you.

Thanks,

Chris

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will say u have put enough already. There should be always an end.

8. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Better to clean up some of them.

9. modano

modano Registered Member

question about PG

I don t have any problems whith spyware doctor. I want to know is it safe to innstal processgurd.I uninstaled trojan hunter and spyware doctor and my pc is running faster now so what can you tell about your experiance whith processguard running whith other security appso_O??(sorrry,if I have some grammar mistakes in my text):cautious:

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Re: question about PG

Since this is the case I have taken the liberty to rename the Title of your thread to better assist with your question. I have also moved your thread to the Process Guard Support Forum.

11. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

Hi Modano. if it's any help to you the security programs I have running are, Ewido full, Boclean, Avast home, Zone Alarm and Peergaurdian as well as them I use Spybot, Adaware, and a2 free to scan with from time to time, so far I've had no conflicts with any of these programs and ProcessGaurd and I've been using ProcessGaurd since it first came out through to it's latest beta. Great program and I for one would not feel safe without it.

12. TNT

TNT Registered Member

No conflict with Core Force, Deep Freeze, Sandboxie, IceSword, SnoopFree Privacy Shield, BOClean, KAV 5, SpywareBlaster, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware, Ewido, TrueCrypt, VMWare, and Ethereal. :D

EDIT: I forgot about ClamWin... that one has no conflict either. :D

13. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Modano,

KAV6 has a Proactive Defense module that provides many of the same features that Process Guard itself offers. You should experiment with this first before considering whether PG would be a worthwhile addition.

Given your software mix (with several overlapping applications), you really should be looking at what to remove, not what to add (e.g. KAV has good trojan detection capabilities so A2, Ewido, TrojanHunter overlap and XoftSpy, Spyware Doctor and Outpost's Anti-Spyware plugin overlap too).

14. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

How many security apps will fit in a phone booth?:D

15. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

2 x 2 to the power of 16 divided by the common sense quotiant (as yet undefined) :p

Modano, You need to look at your security apps with a high degree of criticallity, personally I prefer prevention rather than cure and would always install a program such as ProcessGuard or ApDefend along with a good real time AV such as Nod32 or KAV - Then consider other products to tack on, it is very easy to overkill and really slow down your system leaving less resources for productive work or games :D

Pilli

16. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    As others have already said, you have many real-time monitors in the background that can probably will cause some conflicts with another. :cautious:

I have used ProcessGuard free for more than a year now and now using the latest beta build and never had any conflicts or problems with it. It runs smoothly like silk on my system...:D ;) together with my other protection programs. I have WinPatrol, Avast Home, SpywareBlaster, Spybot, Ghost Security Suite, Ewido 4 trial, and using the built-in Windows SP2 firewall and all is well, running fine and safe. Of course I have other arsenals of scanners armaments but they are only on-demand scanners. :cool:

I tell you, you must have ProcessGuard in your system or else you'll suffer the consequences. Your pc will be very vulnerable to attacks/modifications, and only PG can prevent it. :)

17. aigle

aigle Registered Member

So what about so many people who don,t run PG?

18. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Aigle

I'd say that statement was a case of enthusiastic zeal. PG is very good, but there are options.

Pete

19. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I wanted to emphasize the same point. Pls see my sig!

20. zoned

zoned Registered Member

PG is good for certain kinds of malware but it will not stop all malware. I would have no problem installing it and having a look at it.

If there is any problems then it can be uninstalled.

If ya dont try it you'll never know.

regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.