Questions concerning compatibility...

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by JRCATES, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I see several favorable responses for RegDefend, but I am a little curious. I currently have a software program that "repairs" invalid registry links as well as deletes invalid registry entries, etc., but would it conflict with a program like RegDefend? I am not PC literate enough to fully understand the registry entries and wouldn't even attempt to manually operate on my registry myself, but it sounds like RegDefend basically prohibits any changes to be made to the registry without the user's consent. Therefore, would it conflict with other software programs like Tune-Up Utilities, or Fix It Utilities, that basically take human error out of the equation when repairing or deleting registry entries? Or with other "cleaning" utilities, such as Privacy Eraser Pro, Win Cleaner, etc.?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

JRCATES,

It is not so much that this programs would conflict with RegDefend as Regdefend would ask for an additional confirmation prior to each and every registry change made. So long as the changes are modest, it is not a major issue. However, if it seems overbearing, you could disable protection, perform the maintenence tasks, and then reenable the registry protection once the changes have been finalized.

Blue

3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

RD does block changes to specific area's of your registry

but...

you don't need to disable RD's protection to get your registrycleaner to work, you just need to give your registrycleaner 'Application Permission Overide' in each protected registry group (would show you a pic if I knew how), and RD will never bother you again about what it's doing.

RD has a very simple user interface (I really don't know much about the registry myself, learning as I go), so you'll see what I mean when you get into it :)

btw JRC, have you ever tried Regseeker ? free registry cleaner, and picks up heaps that other cleaners miss. Very good reviews on this site. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=57171

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.