Questions about Zemana Anti-Logger

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CGuard, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking about purchasing ZAL (32bit) and use it alongside Malware Defender. I am particularly interested in its anti-logging features. I mean, i intend to disable its "System Defense" module and, possibly, its "Anti-KeyLogger" module, since MD has already anti-keylogging abilities.

Q1: From your personal experience, how good are its AL abilities?

Q2: How Anti-SSLLogger works? Is it to be trusted?

Q3: If i disable its "System Defense", can i still take advantage of its "IntelliGuard Cloud"?

Q4: If i decide to drop MD (and utilize AppLocker), will its "System Defense" serve me as a BB?

Q5: Is it true that its drivers are loaded too late on Windows boot?

I would really appreciate any knowledgeable input.

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

When MD reached maturity it had all hooks covered which most anti-key loggers also cover. To save you money I would use the free version of ZAL (encryption of keystrokes). MD loads very early, so anaything trying to outrun the ZAL driver would be intercepted by MD. The only thing uncovered is man in the browser threats, but the free zerovulnabilitylabs exploitshield would provide that coverage. So my advice make a fresh image backup and add ZAL-free and ZVL-ES to the mix and you are covered against all recent threats.

When you run into troubles try MD plus ZVL-ES, this would do also.

Regards

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

ZAL Free appears to cover hooks too - which is why OA Free was alerted - some legitimate security programs exhibit malware-like behavior but for a sound reason. To protect your privacy like ZAL Free does.

4. CGuard

CGuard Registered Member

Thanks for your suggestion, Kees. I'm always interested in your well-thought approach to security.

In this case though, i looking for a software with anti-clipboard/screen/webcam-logging abilities, since MD lacks them. I've already tried SpyShelter and OA (without MD, of course), but both seems to dislike my system -or the other way around. In the past, i've used Privatefirewall, which possess such abilities, but, currently, i am in the process of utilizing/learning WFWwAS. So i ended up with ZAL.

I know that running ZAL alongside MD can be considered as overkill (even though that combo feels light on my system) and i guess (new MD user, here/late for the party, i know) that, a properly configured MD eliminates the need for further system interception. The thing is that i intend to work over the internet in real time and, for that reason, i have to install a screen/key/whatever capture tool on my system, which will be logging my work at different time points unexpectedly . Even though i'm going to install it on a different system image, i want to be able to know what and when this tool captures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.