Questions About The Trial Version Of ESET 4!

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by budachild, May 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. budachild

budachild Registered Member

Hi I became interested in ESET Anti Virus 4 as soon as my AVG FREE 7.5 support ended this month. So I installed a trial of ESET 4 to see if it would be something I'd like. So far so good and I'm very impressed by it's ease of use, and small ram footprint.

Here's my questions:

1. Well since I have a 30 day trial, and want to buy it when the trial is up. Do I need to uninstall it when the trial ends and install some sort of full paid version? I have no idea if the trial version is the same as the paid version. I'd like to know!

2. I get confused because when you open the main ESET window there's a small note that says:

"PURCHASE FULL VERSION"
    & another note below it that says...
    "UPGRADE TO FULL VERSION"

Aren't those one in the same? Why the heck does it say that? Don't they do the same thing?

3. How do you turn the trial version into paid version once I pay for it? I assume it has something to do with the username and password.

Last edited: May 9, 2009
  2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

Re: I'm Using A Trial Of EAV 4. Do I Need To Uninstall It When I Buy It After?

once you get the license username and password, you can click the UPGRADE TO FULL version - you can purchase from a reseller,or from ESET (the license is the same) - and when you click that button, you enter the license details - bingo - you have a full version.

No need to uninstall to get the full license.

3. budachild

budachild Registered Member

Do you know of anybody who can sell me an ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 licence cheaper than they charge at eset.com?

I'm in Canada by the way!

4. Brambb

Brambb Registered Member

Every reseller sells the prices at the same price (as far as I know) sometimes you see a special limited offer for purpose somewhere but I dont know any going on now.

Only discount you can get is if your a student (student discount), big order business purchase (more then 5/10/100/200/ect licenses) or discount on purchase of 2 or 3 year license. (per year cheaper.)

5. vizhip

vizhip Registered Member

I was able to get a discount purchasing a 4 seat license for 2 years on the ESET site... so look around and check the price combinations... there are ways to get deals if you have more than one computer or are willing to make a multi-year investment or BOTH...

Of course, then it is a matter of keeping the computers around for the life of the investment... )))

Regards -
    -Bob

6. xMarkx

xMarkx Registered Member

Hello,

1. You do not need to uninstall the trial version when the trial version expires. The trial version and paid version are identical expect for a few cosmetic GUI changes like taking away the "upgrading to full version" and "purchase full version" that you noticed.

2. I think that "purchase full version" takes you to the ESET website where you can buy a license(s) to use for 1 or 2 years. The "upgrade to full version" asks for your username and password and will then download and install the quick file to upgrade you to the full version. No restart required.

3. To turn the trial version into the paid version, I would hit "upgrade to full version". Enter the username and password and let the program download and install the required files. After a day or two, you should see your license details (the expiry date of your license) displayed in the Protection status tab of the ESET NOD32 Antivirus GUI.

I'm just going by memory here. Hopefully everything is accurate enough to help you out.

Regards,

Mark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.