Questions about TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Mark Lee, Jun 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

To be quite blunt, I really don't care what happens to the computer on the other end when I've turned in a report.

If it's the actual hacker's computer, that's fine.

If it's someone whose computer has been taken over and is being used against me, that's fine, too.

Maybe when they find a replacement ISP, they'll have learned a little something about securing their computer to prevent its' happening again - if they don't learn from the experience (and get their computer cleaned out and learn how to secure it from future mis-use by others), I could make a pretty strong case for the viewpoint that perhaps they don't belong on the Internet.

When it comes down to them or me going down - I'll invariably chose them. Pete

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Although innocent people are casualties in this often, they must take some responsibility for their property. By law in Canada, I must assume responsibility for my car, even if I am not driving it. If it commits a crime, I am liabel.

Only so many excuses can be made for innocent internet users who have cable/dsl connections and make ddos possible. Most ISPs I have seen, do not do ANYTHING about this stuff because of the innocent factor.

Three cheers to ISPs who use anti-IP spoofing filters. That is a start. Tt is about time they took some responsibility too.

The problem is that the GOVs have not legally placed the responsibility on anybody, so no one wants to waste time or money on someone else's problem. If GOVs force ISPs to be resonsible for their networks, you can bet that ISPs will force customers to take responsibility for their computers the next day. Many ISPs give out a CD with quick installation crap that could easily contain some n00b firewall like ZA free, and a decent AV. Licensing costs would be minimal, but what a difference even this could make. The alternative is going to be ISPs offering service with about 5 ports open: 80, 443, 25, 110, 53.

3. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.