Questions about Returnil.

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by Morro, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Ok till now i never bothered with Virtual software, but now that i have a better PC i am willing to give it a try. BUT i do have a concern with Returnil, if i install it and have it use a virtual drive, will i lose savegames from games i play. Like i started playing Oblivion and it stores its savegames in C:\Users\MyName\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves.

Or how will Windows update, and browsers and such?

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Hello Morro

I would change the save location to a partition / device other than C:, or take advantage of the virtual partition you can create on install that will permanently retain changes made while protection is on.Take a look at Virtual Partition and Saving Files here.

Regarding patching and browser updating, I check while protection is on and run all updates with protection temporarily off. If you don't do this, the patching and updating will not persist after reboot.

HTH

philby

3. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Alright i will read through those sections, thank you philby. :)

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi Morro,
    Welcome to the forums :)

Be sure that if you use the Returnil Virtual Partition (Virtual Disk in 3x), you make the VP large enough to hold your game sessions. You may want to try starting at ~10 GB and then refine the size from there. If you have an alternate drive or partition (Ex: second hard drive or an alternate data/file partition), you should try it that way first as it does not involve "tweaking" the size of the RVS VP.

Mike

5. Morro

Morro Registered Member

Thank you for the welcome and the advice Coldmoon, i will look into it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.