Questions about Restoring Images and Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by homeslice, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeslice

homeslice Guest

Hi,

I'm testing the demo version of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server for Windows 8.
    I have two questions about the product that i already sent to support@acronis.de but haven't gotten an answer back yet.
    Maybe you guys have some more time other than your german colleague's and can help me out.

1. I know that it isn't possible to restore an images while Windows is running. When i start the Consol, while Windows is running, I can configure the restore. Towards the end I get the message that the computer has to be restarted. The computer restarts and automaticlly starts the Startup Recovery Manager (F11). Here i still have to configure the restore. Now to my question: is there a way of configuring the restore with the Console while Windows is running, automaticlly restarts the computer, keeps my restore configuration and boots from the Startup Recovery Manager and runs the restore job? This way the admins don't have to be infront of the computer and can manage them by remote.
    Or does this function exist, but i can't use it because of the demo version i am trying?

2. If i would create a Secure Zone on a hard drive or partition and use this as storage space for planned backup jobs (Monday:full, rest of the week: incremental; next week it would start the same way again), the hard drive or partition would get pretty full after awhile. Now to my question: Is there a possibillity to delete old images that i don't need anymore? Or do i have to kill the whole Secure Zone and then create it again?

Thanks for your time,

homeslice

2. homeslice

homeslice Guest

Can't anybody help me?!?!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello homeslice,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

1. I'm afraid that there is no way to configure the restore process only from under Windows. You will always need to pass all the steps of the Restore Image wizard after your PC rebooted into a special "standalone" mode.

Please be aware that we have already received similar reqests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The ability to configure the restore process from under Windows will probably be implemented in the future versions of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 but exact time frame is not decided yet.

Please also note that the current version of Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 allows you to restore remotely only non-system partitions.

2. The rules of managing free space in Acronis Secure Zone are as follows:

- If there is not enough free space in Acronis Secure Zone to create an image, then Acronis True Image deletes the oldest full image with all subsequent incremental backup images;

- If there is only one full image (with subsequent incremental backup images) left and full backup is in progress, then this only full image (with subsequent incremental backup images) is deleted;

- Otherwise (only one full image left, and incremental backup is in progress) then you will get out of space error. In this case you will have to either create full image or increase the Acronis Secure Zone size;

- You can always check how much free space left in Acronis Secure Zone on the second screen of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

As for the scheduled tasks. Please note that if you will schedule two tasks for the weekly full and daily incremental images creation you will always have only 7 images, since the old full image will be overwritten by the new one as well as icremental images.

You can also find more information on how to use Acronis True Image Enterprise Server 8.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.