Questions about MSE

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by delerious, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delerious

delerious Registered Member

On the Settings tab, in the "Default actions" section, the Severe/High/Medium/Low alert levels are all set to "Recommended action" by default. Looking at the MSE website, it looks like the recommended action for Severe/High alerts is to automatically remove it, but it doesn't say what the recommended action for Medium/Low alerts is. I don't want anything to be removed automatically, because I don't want to risk a false positive, so I am going to change all 4 settings to "Quarantine".

Also, what is this "Apply recommended actions" checkbox? The MSE website doesn't explain that. If I have all 4 settings set to "Quarantine" AND I have that box checked, does that mean it will override my settings and try to automatically remove anything it detects (at least for Severe/High alerts)? I guess I should uncheck that box to make sure everything gets quarantined.

Now the weird thing is that when I go to the History tab and click on "Quarantined items", there actually is something that got quarantined, and it is a Severe item. Shouldn't this have been automatically removed instead of quarantined, since I had the Severe alert set to "Recommended action"?

And then when I click on "All detected items", it doesn't show anything. Why doesn't it show the item that I have in my quarantine? Shouldn't the "All detected items" section show everything it has either removed or quarantined? The fact that it doesn't show what it has quarantined makes me wonder if it has also removed things in the past and isn't telling me.

2. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

If you uncheck that box you'll have an alert asking you what to do as opposed to an alert telling you what has been done.

I think it should. Maybe MSE's forum is a better place to ask for that.

EDIT check this list of threads: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ect&CurrentScope.Filter=&askingquestion=False

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.