questions about logs, timestamps, lack of info

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Kremlar, May 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kremlar

Kremlar Registered Member

Still running a trial of Paragon Drive Backup 10 Workstation, deciding whether to buy. So far it has been very reliable, but I have a couple questions about the logs.

- I don't really like how the logs are displayed. Would prefer a more verbose flat file with time stamps on each step. Is there something else, or only the logs under "View log files"?

- Unless I'm missing something, there seems to be information missing that should be there. For example, while the backup was running I noticed it was producing errors trying to use volume snapshot (I believe because the customer was also running a separate online backup at the same time, would this make sense?). Then it seemed to use something called "hot processing" instead. Now that the backup has completed, I see no mention of this in the log. Where can I find a log that contains this information? All I can seem to find is operation parameters and whether or not the job succeeded, which seems too limited. It shows things like the disk #, but not the drive name, volume label, or drive letter some of which I think should be included in the log.

- In the log, the "start time" seems to actually be an end time. For example, my backup job started last night at 8:24pm and a finished time of 3:34am today. It backs up 2 drives. If I expand that log, it says that the first drive was backed up (commited) with a start time of 21:36 (9:36pm), which I actually believe is the finish time. It then says the 2nd drive was backed up with a start time of 3:34am - again, that was the time the backup of that drive completed.

- Some time entries are shown in 12 hour clock, and others in 24 hour clock. I think that it should be consistent throughout.

Thanks again for any input!

2. Kremlar

Kremlar Registered Member

Anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.