Questions about Keriver Free 1-Click Restore

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ExtremeGamerBR, Mar 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moontan

moontan Registered Member

2. justnakenny

justnakenny Registered Member

Ok, thanks.

I went up to google, found help url for pro version, replaced pro with free in url, went right through to their free help.

Thanks again.

3. justnakenny

I don't know what happened to my last post, but thank you anyway.

I get the error { cannot find zhgr 1dr } when I restart my computer, therefore it won't let me restore my snapshot.

Any ideas?

I've already installed it twice, but I'll do it again, if I have too.

Thank you.

The not so smart one.

4. justnakenny

Well, so much for Keriver 1 click, I finally got it to show me the restore console, but now it wouldn't allow me to boot my computer at all. Lost entire HDD by using UBCD and then trying to restore an XML image.

Oh well.

Live and learn.

The not so smart one.

5. moontan

basically, Keriver is a disk imaging program.

a good free alternative is Macrium Free which is easy to use.

6. 2010freesoho

2010freesoho Registered Member

Hi,
    How did you figure out to show the recovery console? And what did you do next? In fact, I don't believe that Keriver 1-click restore might lead to lost your entire HDD.
    Anyway, if you still are interested in Keriver 1-Click Restore. Please try the latest version 3.0 of Keriver 1-Click Restore Free. You can download it from the following link: http://www.keriver.com/download/OneClickFree.exe
    What's new for Version 3.0:
    1. Don't have to install the recovery console on disk. In other words, you don't have to modify the MBR. Alternatively, you can put the recovery console program on a CD or USB flash drive using Recovery Mediab Builder.
    2. Multi-languages support.
    3. Support to upgrade and update.

Thanks.

7. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Hi there,

This is excellent news that the version 3 includes the option for installing/not installing the recovery console.

Has the version 3 for the PRO released yet?

Best regards,

KOR!

8. 2010freesoho

Hi,
    The version 3 for the Pro will be released in two or three days.

Thanks

9. aladdin

Many thanks for such an excellent support and keeping to your schedule. A nice option about whether to modify the MBR or not.

Best regards,

KOR!

10. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Great news!:D :thumb:

11. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

What are the differences between Keriver and CTM?Last time when i installed Keriver free and wanted to make a snapshot,after 30 minutes i've gave up,because Keriver was on 45% of the snapshot....so,uninstalled and back to CTM.
    PS.I'm talking about aprox 15 GB to backup,which are made in seconds by CTM or RollBack.

12. moontan

they are 2 different kind of app.

Keriver is akin to an imaging program while CTM and Rollback RX are 'snapshot' apps, more like Windows System Restore on steroid.

with Keriver, you can save the 'snapshots' to a removable drive.
    you can't do this with CTM or RX. as they store their 'snapshots' on the OS drive.
    if your drive fail, there goes your snapshot...

13. JoeBlack40

Thank you for explanations,now i understand.
    Still...another question.I use Paragon Backup&Recovery as my primary backup tool.And it "used" about 15 minutes to make an image (saved on my D drive),and Keriver...after 30 minutes....45%...o_O

14. moontan

apparently, the incrementals are much faster after the initial base image.

i bought a license and never used it after i found out it took so long the create the base image.

i don't know exactly what the advantages are, if any, of using Keriver over a 'regular' imaging app...

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  15. JoeBlack40

It seems none at all.

16. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Yeah they still need to a option to save the base image uncompressed, as I think this would definitely speed up the creation of the base image.

17. 2010freesoho

To King of Rapture and AlexC:
    The version 3.0 of Pro is already released. You can download it from the following link: http://www.keriver.com/download/OneClickPro.exe

What's new for Version 3.0:
    1. Ability to put the recovery console program on CD or USB flash drive instead of having to modify the MBR.
    2. Ability to verify the integrity of a backed-up image file.
    3 Ability to restore files and folders.
    4. Ability to upgrade and update online.

To moontan and JoeBlack40:
    Keriver 1-Click Restore is very easy to use and which is designed for those people who hates to learn how to use a complex imaging and cloning software. In fact, we also have a 'regular' imaging softeare. It's Keriver Image and you can find all features from it.

Thanks.

18. Tadoussac

Tadoussac Registered Member

For those who have previously installed Pro 2.2 with the modified MBR - what is the recommended upgrade path to version 3.0 if one prefers the recovery console on CD or USB?

Uninstall 2.2 ... or over-write?

Thanks!

19. aladdin

Dear Zhao,

Thank you for the PRO version and your excellent support. Downloaded and tried.

It is now much faster on creating the baseline image, which was one of the minor criticism of the earlier version. Keep up the good work! :thumb:

Any news when the ISO for the Recovery CD/USB be updated, as it now becomes more important if one doesn't want to modify the MBR?

Many thanks as usual.

Best regards,

KOR!

20. aladdin

Hi Tadoussac,

If you want to keep the Recovery Console on boot, then over-write. If you don't want to keep the Recovery Console on boot, then uninstall and reinstall.

Sometimes, I have seen the remnant of uninstall of modified MBR are left behind. In that case, I go into Windows 7 Recovery Console on boot, and from DOS command, I do the following:

Bootrec.exe /FixMBR
    Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    Bootrec.exe /ScanOS
    Bootrec.exe /RebuildBCD

I believe both Windows 7 and Windows Vista are same, but I am not sure of Windows XP.

Best regards,

KOR!

21. Tadoussac

Tadoussac Registered Member

Thank you KOR.

Based on your comments to Zhao (2010freesoho) - it sounds like the updated iso for version 3.0 is not yet released. If I remove the Recovery Console on boot, I'll need the corresponding version 3.0 iso file to enable a boot into recovery from an external drive.

I am going to wait until all the components are available. K1CR Pro is a terrific product, and I look forward to the upgrade.

22. aladdin

Dear Tadoussac,

You have two options now:

1. Upgrade to version 3.0 and keep the Recovery Console on boot. This will work as your earlier version 2.0 but upgraded to the newer version 3.0

OR

2. Upgrade to version 3.0 and don't keep the Recovery Console on boot. In this case you make your snapshot in Windows, the baseline snapshot. And, then on either the increment snapshots or differential snapshots. The only time you need Recovery Console from CD/DVD/USB if your hard disk fails or your Windows fails to load. In this case, I believe you can still use the ISO of version 2.0 to boot from Recovery Console from CD/DVD/USB.

Best regards,

KOR!

23. 2010freesoho

I recommend to uninstall the old version before installing the new version 3.0

Thanks

24. 2010freesoho

Dear KOR,
    Now you can create a bootable recovery ISO file or CD/DVD using Recovery Media Builder. So, no need to download a separate bootable recovery ISO file.

P.S. Keriver 1-Click Restore includes the Recovery Media Builder program now.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  25. aladdin

Dear Zhao,

How true, there is even a short cut called, "Recovery Media Builder" in the program menu. Don't know how I missed it.

The best program gets even better! :D

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.