Questions About Kaspersky AntiHacker

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Zoidburg, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoidburg

Zoidburg Registered Member

I've just started trying out KAH as part of System Mechanic. I'm used to using Kerio and have been experiencing a few difficulties. I use the rule set from "Sponge." At the end of the rule set there is a "Block All" rule. When I implement this rule in KAH it disables all the application rules. When using the packet filter I've been unable to specify an application. I created a rule to allow browser communication through select remote ports but the "Block All" rule still overrides the browser rule even though the browser rule is listed before the "Block All" rule. I've also found an email client communicating even though I specifically blocked it in the application section. As a final question, where is the file that contains the application and packet filter rules? I don't want to spend several hours doing custom rules unless I can keep a back up of my work. I connect to the net via a ADSL modem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.