Questions about In-The-Cloud model

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by toxinon12345, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

Originally was discussed here:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=250626
    The files are scanned when extracted, OK .... perfect.... now what about the on-demand-scanner?

If I wanted to do a on-demand-scan to remove all malware traces on my PC, how I can guarantee that it will calculate the hash of each file?
    I would have to manually extract each archive/packer it finds, including nested archives/packers?

Now suppose that the on-demand-scanner, do the above task (I mean, extract archives recursively) automatically ....
    I can imagine the exuberant amount of files that need to be calculated and therefore how many queries are made to the cloud ... which, added to each user on the planet using the service would end in the collapse of the servers.

Traditional AV or in-the-cloud* AV may be the difference between partial protection or completely without protection when you're offline
    (* I mean those antivirus that work with the cloud, and doesnt have a Local database for (at least) the most prevalent threats. )

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Re: Question about In-The-Cloud model

an additional cloud scan is always good, but relaying exclusively in cloud model is ridiculous, no connection=no protection :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.