Questions about boot options and updates

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Major_Disaster, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Major_Disaster

Major_Disaster Registered Member

Hello,

I have Acronis Disk Director 10 (build 2077)
    Acronis True Image 9 (build 3633)

2. Major_Disaster

Sorry about that somehow managed to post before the message was done.. i will repost

3. Major_Disaster

Hello,

I have installed Acronis Disk Director 10 (Build 2077)
    Aconis OS Selector 10 (Build 2077)
    Aconis True Image 9 (Build 3633)

First, i can not update Disk Director to Build 2177. I download the file, run it and then i get 3 options (after clicking install): Repair, Modify, Remove. None of these options update DD and im stuck with 2077.

Also, i would like to know how to have all boot menu options for these programmes enabled.
    E.g. i want to have Boot to Acronis Disk Director
    Boot to Acronis Start up Recovery Manager (TI)
    Boot to Acronis OS Secector

I seem to be able to get some (say OS selector) but not the rest. Or Startup recovery and nothing else, any ideas (apart from making a boot disk) that will get me all 3 options?

Thanks

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Major Disaster,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Most likely some registry entries were not overwritten, so please try to do the following:
    - Completely uninstall Acronis Disk Disk Director Suite 10.0 from Start->Settings->Control Panel->Add or Remove Programs;
    - Install the latest build;

If this does not help then please use the utility described in this thread in order to remove all the registry entries of this software and delete the "C:\Program Files\Acronis\Acronis Disk Director" folder manually. After that install Acronis Disk Director Suite once again and check the build number of it in the Help->About dialog.

If the issue remains then please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please follow these steps to perform the desired setup:
    - Install Acronis True Image;
    - Create Acronis Secure Zone;
    - Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager;
    - Install Acronis Disk Director Suite;
    - Install Acronis OS Selector and activate it.

After that all three options will be available from Acronis OS Selector.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Major_Disaster

Thank you for the response. I now have all boot options and am working on reinstalling Disk Director...

6. Major_Disaster

Something kind of strange has happened. I uninstalled DD through Add / Remove Programmes, restarted and then reinstalled. I patched DD and it seemed to work, but the build number was still reporting 2077. So i went to use the Windows Utility and i noticed that it says DD is version 10 2117!

Any ideas?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Major_Disaster,

Could you please let us know what operating system Acronis Disk Director Suite is installed under?

It would be much easier for us to help you in resolving this issue if you provide us with Windows System information as I have requested above.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.