questions about backing up a 5.6 TB volume

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikebrewer, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikebrewer

mikebrewer Registered Member

when I backup a 5.6 TB volume using Acronis® True Image Echo Enterprise Server® (build 8,206), the task stats it's locking partion E but there is no status. it will remain at that state for hours and hours.

Total size of the volume is 5.85 TB
    Free space 5.04 TB

can someone help mw with this or will i have to create a case with Acronis?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikebrewer,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server

First of all please download the latest build of the program (8353). Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server can backup volumes larger than 4 Tb, actually it has no limitation on the supported volume size. Could you please check the disks for errors?

- Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    - Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r" (where DISK is the partition letter you need to check) for every partition that is visible in My Computer. Please note, that checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

If the issue persists check if the Distributed Link Tracking Client is started:

* Click Start -> Run and type services.msc;
    * On the Services window locate Distributed Link Tracking Client and see if its Status is set to Started:

If it is set to Started, then stop the service:

* Right-click on the Distributed Link Tracking Client line and click Stop:

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.