Questions about AV-comparatives.org?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IBK, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Hello,

I am planning to make a document containing methodology and answers to questions. So, if you have any question about the tests etc., please send a mail to faq@av-comparatives.org?subject=FAQ containing short and separated questions. If I find enough time, I will try to answer and include the most important and frequent questions that I can/want to answer in the document (!). I hope I can finish to write the document for the end of August - I am quite busy atm. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Andreas

www.av-comparatives.org

2. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

That’s very nice of you!

I think many people here or elsewhere will appreciate this.

Keep up good work!!!

tECHNODROME

3. John_G

John_G Registered Member

I used your site recently when trying to scout out a better AV than i was using.

Hard,Cold FACTS of what performed and what did'nt i believe there's a really big hole out there in internet world not really covered and found your site was the best i found that stepped in that direction,Kudos to you for that...

Current policy seems to not include multiple engine products,any interest in including them,i.e F-Secure,Mks_Vir,Extendia.
    One other thing i think is important to todays user when reviewing an AV is also lag factor,maybe its possible to include a standard test in that area too.

Not really what you were asking for but i hope you don't mind me throwing those points at you

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Hi Andreas,

I like your website, and all the info that it have... Thanks ;)

Can you and the free AV too? Like AntiVir PE, AVG Free and Avast! Home Edition...

5. VikingStorm

VikingStorm Registered Member

MKS isn't a multiple-engine AV (unless you were just including it there as something just to add).

6. John_G

John_G Registered Member

My mistake i read it wrong.Thought it was a 3 engine product but its 3 product elements they were meaning.

The packet consists of three major elements, the co-operation of which results in a high safety level for the computer and data stored on it. Those elements are as follows: on-access scanner, on-demand scanner and incoming mail scanner.

7. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.